Every year, SAM Art Projects awards a prize to a french visual artist or residing in France. The artist should be presenting a project destined for a foreign country (non-European nor North American countries). Applications are open every year from June to September. The SAM Prize is attributed in December, after the committee deliberations.
The artworks produced in the framework of the SAM Prize allow artists to raise issues and to present discoveries and research in less-known areas. Exhibiting them at the Palais de Tokyo confirms their notoriety amongst professionals from the art world and the public.
The SAM Prize is endowed with 20,000 euros and accompanied by an exhibition at the Palais de Tokyo in Paris and a publication.
All mediums of expression and all disciplines of the visual arts are recognized by this call for projects
The 5 artists shortlisted by the SAM Art Projects committee will be announced in November 2019, and theses artists will then present their project in front of the committee in December.
HOW TO APPLY :
1. The selection criteria are :
• to be a French artist or a foreigner living in France •
• to propose a project in a country that is neither European nor North American •
• to be 25 or older •
• to be represented by an art gallery in Europe •
All proposals not respecting this criteria won’t be submitted to the committee.
2. Send an artistic file to email@example.com
This file (PDF, 30 pages max) must obligatory contain the following elements :
o the country of destination
o a description of the project, detailed and illustrated (synopsis and ideas for the exhibition display)
o technical details regarding the realization of your project
o an estimated production budget
o informations about the artist (CV, biography & portfolio)
• the country of destination
• a description of the project, detailed and illustrated (synopsis and ideas for the exhibition display)
• technical details regarding the realization of your project
• an estimated production budget
• information about the artist (CV, biography & portfolio)
DEADLINE : SEPTEMBER 30TH 2019